Yum Cha Pancakes
- ½ cup fresh milk
- ½ cup water
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- ¼ cup cornstarch, sifted
- ¼ cup white sugar, sifted
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 Tbsps butter, melted
- 2 Tbsps oil
- 1 cup all purpose cream, chilled overnight
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsps white sugar
- ¾ cup CDO Kaong, drained
- ¾ cup CDO Nata de Coco, drained
- Whisk together milk, water, flour, cornstarch, sugar, eggs and butter. Pass through a fine-mesh sieve to remove lumps.
- Heat up a non-stick frying pan and pour a small amount of batter. Swirl to spread into a thin disk. Let cook for 1-2 minutes. No need to flip. Transfer to a plate and repeat until you use up all the pancake batter.
- Let pancakes cool completely. In the meantime, whip cream, vanilla and sugar together until stiff peaks form.
- Place a dollop of the whipped cream on the center of the Yum-Cha pancake. Top with CDO Kaong and CDO Nata de Coco. Carefully fold from all four sides and place on a plate or container seam side down. Repeat with remaining pancakes and filling.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes before slicing and serving.