Chili Tuna Maki
- 3/4 cup mirin
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup Kikkoman soy sauce
Bamboo Sushi Mat
- Seaweed sheet or Nori
- Japanese rice
- San Marino Chili Corned Tuna
- Cucumber, cut into half inch strips
- Ripe mangoes, cut into half inch strips
- In a small sauce pan, whisk in mirin, sugar and Kikkoman soy sauce. Simmer gently until it reduces to almost half the amount. Cool and chill until ready to use.
- Place bamboo mat on a clean surface. Put nori sheet top of mat with long side facing you.
- Spread a thin layer of rice on the surface of the nori sheet leaving about an inch on top.
- Layer about an inch of San Marino Chili Corned Tuna in the middle of the sheet horizontally. Follow the same line with the mango and cucumber strips.
- Roll the mat and make a tight roll, sealing the ends with a bit of water.
- Transfer the roll onto a cutting board. Rub a knife using a damp paper towel before slicing the roll into equal portions.
- Plate and serve with the sauce drizzled on the plate and some wasabi.