CDO Foodsphere Inaugurates Megaplant
From Marulas to Batangas.CDO goes world-class
CDO Foodsphere Inc., a leading Filipino food corporation in the meat processing
industry, is inaugurating today its new mega-plant and production facilities in
Malvar, Batangas that are designed to meet the growing requirements of the Filipino
consumers for high-quality and affordable meat products.
The state-of-the-art plant, over a nine-hectare property in Malvar, will not only
play a significant part in revitalizing the business and livelihood opportunities
in Batangas but will also bolster the food supply and ensure food security in the
Despite the global economic downturn, the local meat processing industry remains
resilient and steadfast in providing employment and supplying meat products to the
Filipino people. Industry analysts project an 8 to 10 percent cumulative growth
for the industry in 2009.
Considered the first of its kind in the country, the CDO mega-plant is a modern,
larger and more efficient facility designed to meet the international standards
for food manufacturing and make available to the Filipino people quality meat products
at reasonable prices.
CDO Foodsphere Inc. President Jerome Ong said the new plant, which is a faster,
cleaner and bigger operating hub for the company, was constructed in response to
the government's and the Department of Agriculture's thrust in ensuring the country's
food security and enhancing the government-private sector partnership in achieving
"The establishment of CDO's state-of-the-art food production facilities in Batangas
will not only increase our production capabilities to meet growing demands for meat
products but also achieve economies of scale that will ultimately benefit the Filipino
consumer in terms of affordable yet nutritious meat products," Mr. Ong said.
Top government officials led by Agriculture Secretary Arthur Yap as well as business
and community leaders are expected to grace the momentous event in the history of
CDO-Foodsphere Inc., a company that has been providing nutritious and high-quality
meat products in the country since 1975.
The opening of the new plant is an indication of CDO-Foodsphere Inc.'s continuous
expansion, starting from a backyard operation in Marulas, Valenzuela City in 1975
and then becoming one of the country's most respective industry players, setting
its sight on both domestic and global markets through world-class facilities and
Company founder Corazon Dayro-Ong, a professional nutritionist, built the company
out of passion for culinary arts and concern for the nutrition of the Filipino consumers.
Her business began as a simple hobby of cooking home-based dumplings, that initially
won the taste of her neighbors and eventually the approval of the Filipino people.
Since then, CDO-Foodsphere Inc. has grown into a modern food company that has been
consistently voted as the most outstanding meat processing company by the Consumers
Union of the Philippines
Today, CDO-Foodsphere Inc. is the company behind the best-sellers CDO Karne Norte,
CDO Bibbo! Hotdog, CDO Meatloaf, CDO Hamburger Patties, CDO Holiday Ham and other
popular meat brands in the country.
Its plant in Valenzuela City , categorized as "AAA" plant, has been awarded the
Cleanest and Best Meat Processing Plant for three straight years (1999, 2000 & 2001)
by the National Meat Inspection Service (NMIS), the government regulatory body in
the meat industry.
CDO-Foodsphere Inc. is also among the first companies to adopt HACCP in meat manufacturing,
making it the cornerstone of the company's production approach since 2002 to produce
fresh, hygienic, and high-quality meat products. HACCP, the acronym for Hazard Analysis
Critical Control Points, is the scientific approach to address concerns on food
Despite these accomplishments, CDO-Foodsphere Inc. is opening a new plant that will
set the bar higher for occupational safety, food safety and product quality. The
new facility is equipped with highly mechanized equipment that will help improve
productivity, reduce wastes, increase yield, and attain better product quality.
Inside the production complex are adequate storage for both dry and frozen items
to ensure availability of good quality materials and maintain the cold chain, until
the finished products reach the consumer.
With the structural requirements in place, the plant is also designed towards ISO
certification of the systems (ISO 9001 for Quality Management System and ISO 22000
for Food Safety Management System) and other certifications/accreditation which
have been already awarded to the plant in Valenzuela such as Good Manufacturing
Practices (GMP), Triple A accreditation, and HACCP certification.
This move is not solely intended to achieve global competitiveness but more so to
fulfill the company's commitment of satisfying and delighting the customers while
safeguarding consumer safety and product quality, according to CDO Foodsphere Inc.
- More Hidden Champions of the Tuna Industry
- CDO Foodsphere Inc. Builds 50 New Homes for Yolanda Victims
- Gabay Nutrisyon: A showcase of healthy partnership between CDO Foodsphere and UNILAB
- San Marino Corned Tuna Bags SM Top Choice Award 2014
- CDO Foodsphere, Inc. cleared of trademark infringement
- Do you really know what's right for your heart?
- Sarap with Family Season 2 on GMA News TV
- What’s right for Julia & Enrique
- 9th Puregold - Tindahan ni Aling Puring Sari Sari Store Convention
- A Deliciously Healthy App
- Philippine Red Cross Awards Three Exceptional Volunteers
- CDO Helps Build Houses, Rebuilds Hope
- Sarap with Family on GMA News TV
- The Bayanihan Spirit Lives On... Yolanda Donation and Fund-Raising Drive
- Funtastyk Young Pork Tocino: Going Beyond Stereotypes
- Sarap ng Bagong Pasko
- Open Sesame!
- San Marino Corned Tuna bags the gold award in Reader's Digest Poll 2012
- San Marino Corned Tuna : One of the Top 5 Facebook Fan Pages
- What makes a Tocino Fantastic?
- Kris Aquino: I Did Find Love This 2012!
- Official Statement: CDO on Good Values and Good Faith
- NEW! Official Statement on BOC Press Release
- Opening Today!CDO Manufacturing Plant Malvar, Batangas
- CDO Foodsphere Inaugurates Megaplant Today
- CDO and GMA-7 Launch New Educational Show
- Hotdog maker supports full development of pre-school kids
- CDO Idol Cheesedog awards top young recyclers
- A Delightful gift for Christmas
- ABS-CBN Airs Educational Puppet Show
- CDO Hamburger Gave Pangkabuhayan Showcase
- Kaibigan ng Karagatan
- CDO Named Outstanding Christmas Ham Maker
- What makes CDO Holiday Ham Special
- CDO is outstanding meat processor in '06
- General wholesale price index slows to 1% in June
- Free medicine for the poor
- Filipino meat processor sets sight on international market
- Feeding Program
- CDO-Unilab nutrition program benefits 5,000 undernourished kids
- CDO cited as Pizza hut's 2006 Supplier of the Year
- A Delightful gift for Christmas
- CDO Liver Spread Alam Na Alam Hanap Ni MOM Txt Promo Ka- Toque Lutong Barkada Show
- CDO Launches Ham for a Cause advocacy project
- Holiday Cheesedog Footlong Congratulated the PBB Teen Edition's Winners
- Holiday Cheesedog Footlong Challenged The PBB Teen Housemates
- CDO Pangkabuhayan Program is a "Kabuhayang Swak na Swak"
- CDO Hamburger Attacked Dormitories near University Belt in Metro Manila
- CDO Hamburger Gave Pangkabuhayan Showcase
- AMOY CDO KARNE NORTE, AMOY MILYONARYO PROMO
- CDO Hamburger Patties in Unang Hirit
- Pinoy Big Brother Burger
- Bibbo! School Tour
- Isla Verde, center of marine biodiversity, under threat
- HACCP CDO - Foodspehere's key to consumer safety
- CDO-Holiday Ham, Most Preferred Ham by Consumers
- CDO-Foodsphere is RP's top karne norte producer - survey
- CDO instills good values among kids through TV commercial
- CDO Meatykulotto Promo, Papremyo sa mga Meatykuloso!
- The "Ulam Burger" Eating Challenge in Unang Hirit
- CDO Hamburger Invaded "Bahay ni Kuya"
- Kahumot Gyud Sang Swerte sa CDO Karne Norte Game Show Bonanza!
- Bibbo! Cheesedog School Tour
- Sari-Sari Store Owner Wins Sari-Sari Cab!
- CDO Sari-Saring Delata Promo, Pakiskis at Manalo ng Sari-Sari Cab! Promo Winner Wants to Become Entrepreneur!
- CDO Karne Norte "Huli Cow" Promo
- "BIBBO! Bistuhan" Promo
- BIBBO! on "Kiddie Talks"
- BIBBO! "Batang Pinoy 2002" Activity
- BIBBO! and Mulawin Tie-up Promo
- CDO Meat Loaf Sponsors 2004 SUPERMOM FAIR
- 2005 BIBBO! Kids Show
- Search for Pampanga Dance Idol with Pampanga Idol Sheena Halili
- Hamburger Patties Product Launching at Café Lupe
- CDO Sari-Saring Delata Promo, Pakiskis at Manalo ng Sari-Sari Cab
- CDO Bibbo! Hotdog Sponsors ABS-CBN Kid Show
- CDO Karne Nortext Winner
- CDO's Culinary Program
- 2004 National Sales & Marketing Conference
- CDO-Foodsphere Medical Mission